Friday, October 7, 2011

October in Boston

October in Boston always makes me feel like I've traveled somewhere new. The leaves change, the temperature changes  and people get crankier.  I don't know what it is about October that makes people stop being cheerful and start being moody.  The most common phrases I've heard this week is "I'm so tired",  "I'm getting sick" and "Why is it so cold?"  Well, it's Boston for one thing so buy another pumpkin spice latte and suck it up.

For all you negative nancy's out there, let me share with you the reasons I love fall:

Trendy Vampire Pumpkin
Carving pumpkins: Taking a knife to a big orange vegetable and then roasting it's seedy insides for a movie snack.
Don't be scared of the headless horseman, it's a logo tasty beer

Pumpkin beers: Drinking beers that are pumpkin flavored or with a harvesty infusion always brings a smile to my face.

Crunchy leaves: Leaves that fall off a tree, die, and then crunch  like potato chips under your feet.  Haven't gotten your pumpkin spice latte yet? Feeling extra moody? Need to reconnect with nature? Go jump in a pile of colorful leaves. Crunch, crunch, crunch!

1 comment:

  1. I agree damnit! If people don't like when air becomes delicious and the breeze a little more crisp then move down south or shut up! There are ways to make every season fun and bone up on Vitamin D (get the chewables they're addicting). And yes, I will go out of my way to stomp on that crunchy looking leaf.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...