Now I'm inundated with all these thoughts of music and it's relationship to travel. There's nothing that goes better with a long car ride than a radio station playing your favorite jam. I really love listening to music when I travel. Most of the time I'll spend hours on a bus, train, or airplane ride just mellowing out to a new playlist on my I-pod and staring out the window watching the distances go by between where I've been and where I'm going. I have at least one song that brings back memories from every trip I've been on. It's a musical scrapbook of my adventures.
Anyways, I digress, I made you all a playlist on Spotify because I just felt like you'd all enjoy some tunes:
Small Traveler Makes You A Sweet Playlist
- Gary Clark Jr. – Bright Lights
- The Allman Brothers Band – Midnight Rider
- Joni Mitchell – California
- Tedeschi Trucks Band – Come See About Me
- The Avett Brothers – The Weight of Lies
- Sheryl Crow – Everyday Is A Winding Road
- The Lumineers – Flowers in Your Hair
- Grace Potter & The Nocturnals – Paris (Ooh La La)
- Bob Marley & The Wailers – Buffalo Soldier
- Canned Heat – On The Road Again
- Fitz and The Tantrums – Winds of Change
- Phish – Back On The Train (if you don't have 9 minutes to devote to a live recording of phish... feel free to skip)
I really wanted to include this song but thought you'd all disown me Miley Cyrus – Party In The U.S.A. but let's not pretend you don't think this is the best.road.trip.song.ever.