Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Sweet Tunes for Traveling...

I'm currently reading "A Visit From the Goon Squad" (if you haven't read it you freaking should it won like the Pulitzer Prize and stuff). It's about two people that work at a record label and their past lives and how all of it intertwines with music.

Now I'm inundated with all these thoughts of music and it's relationship to travel. There's nothing that goes better with a long car ride than a radio station playing your favorite jam. I really love listening to music when I travel. Most of the time I'll spend hours on a bus, train, or airplane ride just mellowing out to a new playlist on my I-pod and staring out the window watching the distances go by between where I've been and where I'm going. I have at least one song that brings back memories from every trip I've been on. It's a musical scrapbook of my adventures.

Anyways, I digress,  I made you all a playlist on Spotify because I just felt like you'd all enjoy some tunes:

Small Traveler Makes You A Sweet Playlist


  1. Gary Clark Jr. – Bright Lights
  2. The Allman Brothers Band – Midnight Rider 
  3. Joni Mitchell – California
  4. Tedeschi Trucks Band – Come See About Me
  5. The Avett Brothers – The Weight of Lies
  6. Sheryl Crow – Everyday Is A Winding Road
  7. The Lumineers – Flowers in Your Hair
  8. Grace Potter & The Nocturnals – Paris (Ooh La La)
  9. Bob Marley & The Wailers – Buffalo Soldier
  10. Canned Heat – On The Road Again
  11. Fitz and The Tantrums – Winds of Change
  12. Phish – Back On The Train   (if you don't have 9 minutes to devote to a live recording of phish... feel free to skip)


I really wanted to include this song but thought you'd all disown me  Miley Cyrus – Party In The U.S.A. but let's not pretend you don't think this is the best.road.trip.song.ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...